I would love to hear from you!
Master’s in Library and Information Science
University of Denver, 2013
Bachelor of Arts, majors in Humanities and French
Honors B.A. from University of Colorado at Boulder, 2009
University of Colorado Boulder –Boulder, CO
Education Librarian and Assistant Professor, 1/2016-present
- Subject specialist for School of Education, Department of Linguistics, and Department of Ethnic Studies
Arapahoe Community College –Littleton, CO
Reference and Outreach Librarian, 4/2013-12/2015
- Instructed 230+ Information Literacy workshops, April 2013-June 2015
- Initiated outreach program to 2,000+ concurrent enrollment students and instructors
- Developed “Research Help” reference service at Parker, Castle Rock campuses
- Co-led migration to OCLC’s WorldShare Management Integrated Library System
- Initiated implementation of Proxy Service for database authentication
- Instituted internal Libguide for staff announcements, training, scheduling, policies
- Completed cataloging for McKinnell Special Collection of 200+ art and ceramics books, March 2014
- Conducted usability study for library website, November 2013
- Led workshops for faculty and staff on research tools and techniques
- Performed in-person and virtual reference for individuals and groups
- Scripted, recorded, and produced Camtasia tutorials on the research process and tools
- Cataloged and processed new materials
- Communicated with vendors about new products, technical issues
- Ensured compliance with closing procedures as Library’s closing supervisor
- Assisted with campus-wide library marketing initiatives
Auraria Library–Denver, CO
Graduate Assistant in Research and Instruction, 8/2012-5/2013
- Designed, taught, and assessed library instruction courses for undergraduate English classes at Community College of Denver, University of Colorado at Denver, and Metropolitan State University
- Provided reference service at the Research Help Desk on weekends
American Society of Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T) Student Chapter–Denver, CO
Vice President, 3/2012-5/2013
- DU club named “ASIS&T Student Chapter of the Year” for 2012-2013
- Planned, organized, and presented at Tech Bootcamp conference January 12, 2013, attended by 53 students from Morgridge College of Education
- Helped plan and produced 6 TechBytes Speaker Series events during fall and winter quarters
Education Nationale Française–Vesoul, France
Teacher Assistant, 9/2009-5/2010
- Developed lesson plans and projects, made cultural presentations to groups of 25 students
Boulder Book Store–Boulder, CO
Sidelines Buyer, 5/2008-9/2009; Floor Staff Supervisor, 8/2007-5/2008; Bookseller, 9/2004-5/2008
- Purchased, merchandized and inventoried over $50,000 worth of sidelines items
- Managed up to 8 booksellers working on the retail floor
- Introduced authors for both in-store and special events (of up to 500 people)
- Roberts, L. & Welsh, M.E. (2017). Engaging transfer students: Institutional support, challenges, and recommendations. University of Colorado Boulder Academic Futures White Paper.
- Reynolds, K.M., Roberts, L.M., & Hauck, J. (2017). Exploring motivation: Integrating the ARCS model with instruction. Reference Services Review, 45(2), 149-165. doi.org/10.1108/RSR-10-2016-0057 or via CU Scholar
- Roberts, L.M. (2017). Research in the real world: Improving adult learners’ web search and evaluation skills through motivational design and problem-based learning. College & Research Libraries, 78(4), 527-551. doi.org/10.5860/crl.78.4.527
- Roberts, L. (2017). Review of Practical statistics: A quick and easy guide to IBM SPSS statistics, STATA, and other statistical software by David Kremelberg. ACRL Instruction Section Bibliography of Research Methods Texts.
- Roberts, L. (2017). Review of The book of R: A First course in programming and statistics by Tilman M. Davies. ACRL Instruction Section Bibliography of Research Methods Texts.
- Roberts, L. (2017). Review of The coding manual for qualitative researchers by Johnny Saldaña. ACRL Instruction Section Bibliography of Research Methods Texts.
- Co-presenter with Megan Welsh, “Transfer connection: Colorado academic library services to transfer students,” Colorado Association of Academic Libraries, October 12, 2017.
- Presenter, “When school is work: Learning goals for education PhD students.” European Conference on Information Literacy (ECIL), September 21, 2017.
- Presenter, “Foothills to fourteeners: Preparing students for research in the real world,” Library Instruction West, Salt Lake City, UT, June 10, 2016.
- Presenter, “ReMix: Combining motivational design with problem-based learning to build real world information competencies,” LOEX – Library Instruction Exchange, Pittsburgh, PA, May 6, 2016.
- Co-presenter with Andrea Reveley, “Turning wallflowers into groupies: Getting non-users to use the academic library,” Colorado Association of Libraries, October 24, 2015.
- Co-presenter with Andrea Reveley and Casey Lansinger, “Course correction: Integrating user feedback to make changes big & small,” Colorado Association of Libraries, October 24, 2015.
- Facilitator and presenter, “Hunt and gather: Hands-on practice with digital curation tools,” at Arapahoe Community College Campus Connection Days, November 25, 2014 and January 12, 2015.
- Co-presenter with Kim Dority, “Networking online and in-person,” CAL New Professional’s Interest Group Hiring Panel Workshop, February 8, 2014.
- Co-presenter with Julia Havelick, “Free tech tools for formative assessment,” CoALA Spring Workshops, March 15, 2013.
- Co-presenter with Joshua Davies, “Teaching with SMARTboard technology,” ASIS&T Tech Bootcamp, January 12, 2013.
- Co-presenter with Christine Coughlan, “Creating an e-Portfolio with the University of Denver’s portfolio system,” ASIS&T Tech Bootcamp, January 12, 2013.
- Member, ACRL Instruction Section, Research and Scholarship Committee, 2016-2018
- Past-Chair, CAL New Professionals Interest Group, 1/2016-12/2016
- Volunteer, Anschutz Medical Library, Education and Reference department, 4/2015-9/2015
- Chair, CAL New Professionals Interest Group, 6/2014-12/2015
- Member, Ask Academic Reference and Education Committee, 12/2013-10/2014
- Secretary, ACRL Instruction Section Instructional Technologies Committee, 7/2013-6/2014
- Vice-President, CAL New Professionals Interest Group, 2012-2014
- Chair, RMSLA Academic Relations, 2014
- Vice-President, ASIS&T Student Chapter, 2012-2013
- Secretary, ALA student chapter, 2011-2012
- Peer reviewer, Library Student Journal (ISSN 1931-6100), 2012
- Current ALA/ ACRL and CAL member
Awards and Honors
- CU Boulder University Libraries’ Employee of the Month with Megan Welsh and Juleah Swanson, January 2017
- Nominated to participate in Academic Management Institute for women in higher education, 10/2014-1/2015
- Beta Phi Mu Library Honors Society, 2014
- MLIS Outstanding Student Award, 2013-2014
- Passed with Honors, MLIS Comprehensive Exam, 2013
- George and Maimie Miller Scholarship, 2013
- ACRL Student Scholarship to attend ACRL conference in Indianapolis, 2013
- Vice President of University of Denver American Society of Information Science and Technology Student Chapter, named “ASIS&T Student Chapter of the Year” for 2012-2013
- RMSLA Rebecca Jackson Memorial Scholarship recipient, 2012
- CLEF scholarship recipient for CAL, 2012
- American Library Association Annual Conference 2012 Student to Staff Volunteer
- LEADers III Scholar, IMLS-funded scholarship, 2011-2012, partial funding 2013
- European Conference for Information Literacy, Saint-Malo, France, September 2017
- ACRL Immersion and ACRL Conference, Baltimore, MD, March 2017
- Library Instruction West Conference, Salt Lake City, June 2016
- LOEX Library Instruction Conference, Pittsburgh, PA, May 2016
- LOEX Library Instruction Conference, Denver, CO, May 2015
- CoALA Unconference at Regis University, Denver, CO, August 2014
- ALA Annual Conference, Las Vegas, NV, June 2014
- Colorado Association of Libraries conference, Loveland, CO, October 2013
- CoALA Workshop at Community College of Aurora, March 2013
- ACRL Conference, Indianapolis, IN, April 2013
- ALA Annual Conference, Anaheim, CA, June 2012
- Colorado Association of Libraries conference, Keystone, CO, October 2012
- REFORMA conference in Denver, CO, September 2011
Recent Continuing Education
- ACRL Immersion, Teaching with Technology Program, 2017 [competitive]
- EDUC 8320: Quantitative Methods 1, Fall 2016
- COLTT Teaching and Learning Conference, August 3-4, 2016
- “Using the Framework to Foster Conversations about Information Literacy Instruction,” ACRL webinar, Sara D. Miller and Amanda Nichols Hess, May 31, 2016
- CU Libraries Professional Development Day, Denver, CO, May 25, 2016
- Topic Modeling Workshop, led by Vilja Hulden, CU Boulder, May 3, 2016
- “LGBTQ Evaluation Work for Teacher Librarians,” led by Bethy Leonardi and Sara Staley from A Queer Endeavor, Boulder Valley School District, May 2, 2016
- 2nd Annual Mini-conference, Rocky Mountain Special Libraries Association, August 6, 2015
- EDU 265 Instructional Design 3-credit, 8-week course, taught by Danielle Staples, Arapahoe Community College
- “Universal Design for Learning,” session led by Raj Sen and Lee Christopher, Arapahoe Community College, March 24, 2015
- “Colors Personality IQ for Leadership and Learning Styles,” seminar led by Donna Green and Nick Nicholson, Arapahoe Community College, March 18, 2015
- “eLearning Workshop: Basic Soft Chalk,” Raj Sen, Arapahoe Community College, February 10, 2015
- “Graphic Design for the Non-Designer,” John Hall, Arapahoe Community College, February 6, 2015
- “AHA Moments: What They Are and How to Have More,” professional development webinar by Sharon Morris, Colorado State Library, January 15, 2015
- “Becoming a Great Academic Liaison” professional development webinar by Joe Eshleman, Jo Henry, and Richard Moniz, ALA Editions, January 14, 2015
- Amigos and Altarama Virtual Chat Training for Ask Academic Staff, December 10, 2014
- StrengthsFinder 2.0 Training, Arapahoe Community College, October 23, 2014